Ardsley, New York
Ardsley is another of the storied Hudson Valley thriving suburban villages of Westchester County. Located between the Sprain Brook and Saw Mill Rivers, it originally was the hunting ground of the Wickquasgeck Indians. During the Hudson River Valley’s Dutch period, the land was owned (purchased in 1682) by Frederick Philipse and later confiscated after the Revolutionary War and was divided. From some of the portions of land sold to tenant farmers of the original tract, the village of Ashford was formed later to be called Ardsley. With the creation of the Croton Aqueduct in the 1880’s the town experienced somewhat of a population and business boom.
Ardsley public schools consist of Concord Road Elementary, Ardsley Middle School, and Ardsley High School.
Private schools include St James The Apostle School (PK-8), Longview School (PK-12), Hampton Schools (PK-1), and Lyceum Kennedy International School (PK-12).
Ardsley is served by the Bee-Line Bus System connecting it to White Plains, Elmsford, Yonkers, Dobbs Ferry, Larchmont, Scarsdale, and New Rochelle.
The closest Metro-North’s Hudson line enables commuters to be at Grand Central Station in a little more than half an hour with the Ardsley-on-Hudson and Dobbs Ferry stations within minutes of the center of Ardsley. Alternately, Metro-North Railroad’s Harlem Line brings commuters to its Hartsdale and Scarsdale train stations nearby.
• Total 1.3 sq mi (3.4 km2)
• Land 1.3 sq mi (3.4 km2)
• Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)
Elevation 210 ft (64 m)
• Total 4,452
• Density 3,400/sq mi (1,300/km2)